Please enter your email address
Re-enter email address (for confirmation)
1. What was/were the biggest surprise(s)/challenge(s) in college that was/were NOT what you expected? How did you handle it/them? Did you turn to God? Did you seek out friendships that were like-minded? Did you trust in your own strength to figure it out? Or did you ride the "cultural norms" of college culture to not stand out and not think it was any big deal?
2. Can you tell of a time when you ever compromised your values to fit in with the cultural norm of college? What did you learn? Looking back, how did you experience God’s grace and grow in your relationship with Him?
3. What behaviors tend to slide by and are accepted in the college “lifestyle” that might not be the original intent of God or valued by God? When have you fallen into this? What did you experience?
4. Have you ever had a rival that made you literally depressed, not want to eat, unmotivated, and irritated? Can you explain the situation? What was the outcome?
5. What were your fears going into college? Did these “fears” play out or did they go away? How do you personally handle fears?
6. What is something that you have prayed and prayed for but God has not answered?
7. Whatever “IT” is ... how does this unanswered prayer or desire play a major role in your college life and relationship with God? How does “IT” block your relationship with God? Do you feel as though you have done something wrong and that’s why God is not answering your prayer?
8. How deep is your relationship with God? (10 being the deepest)
9. On a scale from 1-10, what’s your trust factor? Do you try to control your situations or do you trust that God has your best interests? (10 being the highest)
10. Explain why you tend to control over trusting in God?
11. On a scale from 1-10, how well do you understand God's Word? (10 being the most confident)
12. What’s your prayer life like? Do you read Gods word daily? What’s your favorite devo?
13. What does your quiet time look like? What’s your favorite thing to do with God when you have time alone with Him?
14. How do you strengthen your faith and/or keep your faith alive in college?
15. What are your biggest challenges that keep you from developing a deeper/ stronger faith?
16. When do you feel not good enough? Is it because you are not fitting in with the crowd? Is it because you can’t or won’t do something? What is it?
17. What does society say today that because you don’t have __________ (fill in the blank) or do _______________(fill in the blank), you might be seen as "weird" or a loser?
18. Can you tell of a time when have you done something selfish (for your best interest) at the cost of someone else?
19. Can you tell of a time when you have been dragged down because of someone else’s bullying? Can you explain the situation? What did you do? How did you grow? How has God used the situation to make you stronger?
20. Why do you think (somewhere in our human nature) that it feels “good” to put others down, make fun of them, gossip, or even joke about their “successes” and perhaps relish over their failures?
21. How can Jesus set you free from the fears/anxieties you experience in college? (I need real answers!!) Maybe you have questions about this? What are practical ways to experience His power in college? Can you give a real example or story?
22. How is fear the root of our pride? Control? Or even believing that you are worthless and no good.
23. How is comparison the thief of joy in college? How does social media play a part in your self worth in college? What are the lies about social media? What are the most popular avenues of social media? Do you have any specific stories?
24. How does the culture of college want you to conform to its patterns?
25. How do you tend to compare yourself with others?
26. How do you relate to this quote? “When we try to solve the issue of our _____________ (fill in the blank) with cultural solutions, we will find ourselves in a bigger mess than before.”
27. What sticky situations have you gotten yourself into because you believed that what you were doing was NOT that big of a deal? Maybe situations you now want to reverse?
28. Do you really believe that God has a plan for you that is good? (10 being the most confident)
29. Do you believe that God has a purpose in your sometimes painful situations? (10 being the most confident)
30. Do you believe that God allows trials in college so that we can grow and mature in him? (10 being the most confident)
31. Can you describe a challenging situation in college when you had a hard time believing that God was good? Looking back, how did you see God’s hand in this circumstance? How did you see that He had a purpose in your pain?
32. Would you rather see this college study as a Devotional, a book with small group study questions, or 6-week small group Bible study with “homework?” Why?
If you are human, leave this field blank.