20 Feb Valentines at Sanctuary on 8th Street
Here is a GREAT Craft just to say . . . “I love you!”
Our Church volunteered at the Sanctuary on 8th Street in Jacksonville for Valentine’s Day. We served dinner, played with the kids, and of course . . . did an ART PROJECT.
To make this heart, simply Download HEART TEMPLATE.
Fabric, Sewing Machine, Heart Template (download), Scissors, Stapler, Wire, Pencil, Paper Towels, “Bling” Stickers.
1. Trace the template onto two pieces of fabric and cut. I used different fabric for each side.
2. Sew around the edges leaving a 2-inch opening at the bottom.
3. Pre-cut wire to 24″. Use a wire that is heavy enough to pierce through the fabric.
ART with the CHILDREN:
4. Give each child a sewed heart, a pencil, a 24″ piece of wire, shredded paper towels, and “bling” to decorate their heart.
5. Stuff shredded paper towels into the heart using a pencil to push into the top. Make sure it’s nice and fluffy!
6. Close the opening by stapling the gap. This is quick and easy. You could also use hot glue.
7. Add wire to hang your heart. Take the end of wire and wrap it around your pencil 6 times. Pull wire out from pencil, and you get a nice curly end!
6. Bling your heart with stickers!