15 Jun 20 Creative Summer Activities for Girls
From prayer journals and shoe-cutting parties to tie-dye and “Joy Jars,” here are 20 creative and Christ-centered summer activities for pre-teen and teen girls!
1) Pick a Bible study and gather a small group of your friends to do it together. We recommend our new study, The Perfect Present!
2) Take a Babysitting Class. If you’re local in Jacksonville, check out Safety First CPR & Safety Training Classes
3) Tie Dye T-Shirts – Here’s a great tutorial for several different tie dye techniques
4) Host a lemonade stand and consider donating the proceeds to kids in need through an organization like Compassion International
5) Memorize 5 Bible Verses (we love these cute memory verse cards designed by Annie)
6) Make cookies for your family – here’s a recipe from our graphic designer, Rachel!
7) Go camping in your backyard
8) Explore nature around your house, taking photos and sketching what you see
9) Host a Sole Hope shoe cutting party in your home. Click here to find out more
10) Write a story or a poem
11) Volunteer somewhere like your church or a local non-profit (like TAE!)
12) Learn photography
13) Have a picnic outside
14) Start a prayer journal
15) Make washi tape bracelets – here’s a great tutorial on washi tape bracelets from Art Bar Blog
16) Find someone who could use some encouragement and make them a Joy Jar. Find instructions for the Joy Jar along with a free download of a devotional that goes with the art project here
17) Reorganize your closet and donate old clothes to Goodwill
18) Plant zinnias in your yard and watch them bloom all summer long. Have fun making arrangements and taking them to neighbors.
19) Make homemade ice cream – try this fun science experiment making ice cream in a bag!19) 20) Plan a backyard movie night for your family
Have fun getting creative this summer!
– The TAE Team